A Direct Repair Program (DRP) is a specialized type of contract between insurance providers and some body shops. This arrangement does several things that benefit customers who need auto collision repair:
- · Body shop personnel act as estimators on the work, saving the insurance company time and money because they no longer have to send a claims adjuster to look at the damage.
- · Paperwork is streamlined with fewer required approval processes required from the insurance company. In this scenario, the insurer has to trust the body shop to do an exemplary job on its behalf, which is why only proven, top-tier shops are eligible as DRP partners.
- · Work is guaranteed for life
- · No claims adjuster or negotiations
- · Guaranteed best price
- · Faster body damage repair
For the customer, all this adds up to a best-price guarantee, faster repairs, a lifetime warranty on the work, and you don’t have to spend your valuable time chasing down three competitive estimates.